As all of us were waiting for the offline tool to prepare and file GSTR 1. Finally yesterday it was made available on GST Website by government. Here are the steps given to download and do test whether file is not corrupted and install (you can also watch my youtube video for complete steps):
- First go to GST website download section.
- You get the downloadable file from the link available at the end of first line.
- Download and save wherever you want.
- Now let’s verify whether downloaded file is valid and not corrupt.
- Press window button and search power shell.
- Run it and now type “get-filehash [space] copy and paste path of the downloaded file [space] -algorithm SHA256” press enter.
- We will get the unique hash code, it means files are absolutely fine and not at all anything corrupted.
- Now unzip the downloaded file.
- Install the application file “GST Offline Tool”.
- Now GST Offline Tool is ready to prepare GSTR 1.
See the below image for example: